Monday, October 29, 2012

Monk switch?

I've been a druid since vanilla. Been with it through the highs and lows. However, this time, it may finally be time to say good-bye? I say this without trying out mistweaver yet, but it'd be nice to hear some pro-restore druid comments to hold me as druid.
I never felt gimped as a restore druid before. Back in vanilla, restore druids were the healers that got to nature's swift tanks and cast healing touch (the biggest single target heal back then) along with rejuvs, we weren't buffer than priests or as mana efficient as paladins, but we were still necessary in the raid since we had combat rez! Oh, the days when restore druids can't rez, only had 1 combat rez and had to group with shadow priests or tanking paladins or hope to god not more than 1 person dies in your group per 30minutes, but I digress into nostalgia lane.  In BC, druids became more HoT healers, which is again fine and dandy. I quit completely during wotlk, but back in Cata to find druids more raid healers than ever and loved it, to be honest. Restore druids are not a very vocal group of people, we're sorta happy being in our own little niche raid healing corner. Other healers compare with each other, so you have disc priests going paladins are buff, shamans are gimp, etc because they're pretty much tank healer w/ some raid healing. But druids happily sit on our high raid hps by ourselves watching the days go by. MoP changed druids a bit. No more bear cats for one. However, Blizzard didn't really touch the resto druids. Our raid role and healing rotations, etc remained the same. It would be fine, but suddenly, they introduce the mistweaver monks? Not only do mistweavers take leather int gear, which I'm fine with, but they are also raid HoTers (o yeah, and they have Mark of the Wild equivalent buff). And on top of that, they're much better tank healers than restore druids from what I hear.
So all things being equal, where is the value of the restore druid? We have symbosis...? fat lot of good that does when in the 10m comp, I usually only use it on shadow priest for extra tranq (but I get stupid leap of faith) or a mage for ice block, but mage gets useless healing touch?  Tranq, monks have a version. Ironbark? that almost completely worthless spell? Combat rez... well that's was our monopoly until the end of cata when warlocks, DKs can perform that same feat.
I'd like to see some arguments against switching to monk, maybe I'm just seeing the greener grass on the other side (despite the wow logs showing every fight heals being topped by mistweavers)? I mean I have tried to defend my restore druid for weeks now, but it's getting harder and harder to justify (other than I don't want to lvl to 90...) O yeah, and mistweavers are getting buffed more during 5.1, whereas restore druids are unchanged... Is it because we don't make enough noise that blizzard is ignoring us until we dwindle to nothing?
O yeah, please don't say my skills as a restore druid is bad and hence feel gimped because what I want to compare is same player playing 2 classes, so top notch restore druid vs top notch monk or bad resto vs bad monk, etc. I only want ability/objective parsing comparisons.

No comments:

Post a Comment