Thursday, November 29, 2012

Too much to do on WoW...

Last night I logged onto WoW, I looked at my toons, let out an "Ugh...." and logged off. I think for the first time ever I'm burned out by WoW. Sure I quit back at the end of BC, but that's because real life called and not answering is not a good idea.
This time, it's more "Even if I log on, I can't finish all the valor point collecting on 2 toons, so why bother logging on at all?" People said that Cata was awful because people'd log on and there's nothing to do. I liked that, nothing to do, but still means I can choose to solo old raids or farm the remaining rep for Insane in the Membrane, and if I don't feel like doing anything, then log off, sleep or do real life things without a shred of guilt.
I'm probably one of those rare species of player that is casual (play <3hours a day, except on weekends) but raid in a relatively top end progression raid. I truly like raiding with my RL friends. My friends tailored the raids on weekends just for my schedule and it's the only reason I haven't quit playing. And therefore, in order to not drag the raid down, maxing out valor to upgrade gear is mandatory, not an "option," (so is research the fights beforehand, but they usually send me links to read). Hence, actually not logging on to max valor creates guilt, but logging on and not finishing, what's the point....
All in all, I'm tired out and hoping for a break. Don't want to bother my friends about it and don't want to get flamed on forums. So venting on my happy little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment