Friday, August 31, 2012

5.04 Lazy Resto Druid opinion

First off, restore feels pretty much the same. We get some new perks that make tank healing easier, like living seed. Unfortunately, the whole raid healing things feels a tiny bit gipped. None of this really matters until lvl 90, since healing numbers are a bit OP for all healers right now (not normalized for lvl85 anymore). The old talent system really favors selecting what I wanted to do, aka ditch all tank healing talents in favor of HoT power and raid healing. But other than that, restore feels the same, lifebloom 3 ticks, rejuv, swiftmend on cooldown, wild growth on cooldown if more than 3 people have non-full hp. O yeah, we have a barkskin we can cast on other people now, but really... compared to 70% damage reduction of pain suppression, ironbark is retarded, since it's only 20%. I guess shorter cooldown, but seriously not that useful on big burst damage prevention on tanks. So I guess use randomly just to make healing easier? Then should just downright make cooldown 30seconds or something. eh... w/e. Blooming mushrooms, I like because yay, free heals, and I hate because I keep forgetting I planted them or there's no one near them, but that's my fault, I do not plant mushrooms well yet.

Regarding the talents;
First tier is movement related.
Only interesting new one is Displacement Beast: I really wanted displacement beast to work like a rogue vanish (i hate dying, hence vanish = no death during wipes), but after using it once or twice in a dungeon, I think I'm very wrong, but being the wonderful healer that I am, never was in an actual wipe situation, just noticed that though I'm prowled, I'm still in combat, unlike rogue vanish where you'd actually drop combat. So if it's not a free vanish, I would say displacement beast is only useful in pvp, otherwise, might as well get the +15% movement or the super far leap/charge.

Second tier is healing related.
Nature's swift is here, which is kinda sad. I really like it, but kind of want to try other talents.
Renewal, you can heal yourself only for 30% with 2 minute cooldown. Wouldn't use as resto, might use as bear.
My favorite new one is Cenarion Ward, shield + HoT and I can cast it on anyone I want, use it in any form. Great for healer or bear form. Unfortunately it's not really a favorite among the community. Meh, leave the optimizing stuff for when I reach 90. Right now, just enjoying and trying new spells.

3rd tier is Root/Pushback
To tell the truth, I believe the faire fire slow is retarded and useless. Bears and cats can slow anyway just by putting on mangle. Restore would use tangle or pushback. Blizzard's promise of making all 3 talents on a tier a hard decision is epic fail for this tier. I like typhoon and mass entanglement, will switch between those 2 depends on fights. For raggy, typhoon :D.

4th tier is fun healing?
Trees that heal with you I personally like, just because it's a lot of fun, but when serious raiding starts up, I'd have to reconsider. After all, these trees are kinda retarded... they just spam healing touch, which would probably end up overhealing during progression.
Tree form, nothing new.
The passive healing, well... have to crunch numbers and determine a good haste breakpoint, I'm too lazy to do that, since someone on elitistjerks will eventually post the numbers. And imo, though the passive haste gain per swiftmend is great for hps padding, come progression, I'm sure there will be times when huge burst damage comes that that requires Tree form to ensure raid survives those 3 seconds.

5th tier is stun related?
As restore in raid, I didn't get to play with disorienting roar, but I would imagine it might be useful for 5mans. I didn't pick ursol vortex. Ursol vortex seems to be a popular choice on line, guess I'll try that out over the weekend. Mighty bash is just totally worthless for healer, why bash them if they come running at you when you can disorient roar or ursol vortex? I mean, when a bad tank loses aggro, it's always a swarm of 5 coming at you, not a single one. Single one losses are usually only to a dps who's beating on the add while tank is ignoring/not hitting it enough, which isn't the healer's problem :D.

No comments:

Post a Comment