Thursday, September 27, 2012

Music Nostalgia

So today I decided to try and find some new music to listen to. First off, I checked the Oricon charts. Ever since the birth of AKB48 and the rest of the 3 letter 48s, the Oricon charts is just flooded with these pointless bubblegum pop, and the other half is just kpop re-sung in japanese. So, check the kpop charts, and other than gangnam style, everything sounded basically like the same kpop. I wouldn't really be able to distinguish them from first listen. So let's try giving cpop another chance? er... okay, just not go there. So as I went back on youtube, and after a bit of random music listening to, I clicked on Mmmbop. The second the music started I was ported back to the 90s. In retrospect, this song is just as bubblegum pop as the bubblegum pop of today, but I would rather listen to Mmmbop than any of the ones today. As I proceeded though the billboard chart top 100 songs of 1958-2008, I noticed the only songs clips I had a fun time listening to is still music from the 90s and early 2000s, and a few from the 60s and 70s. Nostalgia factor probably? I think if music did get stuck in the same style and sounds of the 90s and 2000s, I would probably complain just as much... see cpop? However, with the music direction now, I find myself with nothing to listen to other than oldie classics. Meh...

No comments:

Post a Comment